Google Workspace for Education
The Pine School has partnered with Google to provide cloud-based services at the school. These tools support the high levels of collaboration that are required in today’s classroom to prepare students with the communication and skills they will need in the 21st century.
What is Google Workspace for Education?
Google Workspace for Education is a core suite of communications, collaboration and productivity applications which Google offers to schools and educational institutions that allows students to work from any device on documents and projects. All of these applications exists completely online (or in the cloud), and all work and files can be accessed from any device with an Internet connection.
What is included in Google Workspace for Education?
- Gmail (email and communications)
- Calendar (individual and shared)
- Drive (cloud storage - access documents anytime, anywhere)
- Docs, Sheets, Slides (An “office suite” of tools - word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and more - that offers the ability to work from any device as well as share and collaborate)
- Keep (note taking and reminders)
- Google Classroom (classroom learning management system used by teachers)
Students can access the G Suite for Education from the “Quick Links” section of The Pine School Website.