State of Florida immunization statutes require the governing authority of each private school to provide information to parents regarding required immunizations and vaccines.
In providing this information, The Pine School neither endorses nor recommends that you immunize your child.
Current Florida law requires that prior to entry, attendance or transfer to public and non-public Pre K-12 schools, that each child shall have on file a School Entry Health Examination (School Physical) Form DH 3040 (Physical Examination dated within 12 months prior to registration) and Florida certification of Immunization (DH680) documenting the following:
Pre-K through 12th (age appropriate doses are as medically indicated)
- Four or five doses of diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis (DTaP) vaccine
- Two or three doses of hepatitis B (Hep B) vaccine
- Three, four, or five doses of polio vaccine
- Two doses of measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine
- Two doses of varicella vaccine* for kindergarten and grades one through five
- Two doses of varicella vaccine* for grades K-6; one dose of varicella vaccine* for grades seven through twelve
*Varicella vaccine is not required if varicella disease is documented by the healthcare provider.
The two aformentioned forms (DH3040 and DH680) are supplied by Florida physicians only. You must make arrangements with a Florida physician to complete these forms and submit to the school. Please note that form DH3040 must be signed by a parent/guardian in addition to the physician.
In addition to kindergarten through 12th grade requirements, students must have the following vaccination:
- one dose of tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis (Tdap) vaccine in grades seven through twelve
Every parent/guardian has the right to decide on whether or not to immunize their child. If you do not have your child immunized with the above State of Florida required immunizations, the state requires that you file a medical or religious exemption form with the school. These forms can be obtained at your county health department. For further information about State of Florida immunization requirements, refer to http://www.doh.state.fl.us/.
This information is provided to make you aware of State required vaccinations and to help you make informed decisions about the health of your child. If you have any questions or concerns about vaccinating your child, consult with your pediatrician.