The Pine School has partnered with Google Apps for Education to provide cloud-based services at the school. These tools support the high levels of collaboration that are required in today’s classroom to prepare students with the communication and skills they will need in the 21st century.
What is Google Apps for Education?
Google Apps for Education (GAFE) is a core suite of communications, collaboration and productivity applications which Google offers to schools and educational institutions that allows students to work from any device on documents and projects. All of these applications exists completely online (or in the cloud), and all work and files can be accessed from any device with an Internet connection.
What is included in Google Apps for Education?
- Gmail (email and communications)
- Calendar (individual and shared)
- Drive (cloud storage - access documents anytime, anywhere)
- Docs, Sheets, Slides (An “office suite” of tools - word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and more - that offers the ability to work from any device as well as share and collaborate)
- Keep (note taking and reminders)
- Google Classroom (classroom learning management system used by teachers)
How Can I learn more about Google Apps?
Click the following links to learn more
Students can access Google Apps from the “Quick Links” section of The Pine School Website, or from this page by following this link:
Google Apps for Education Portal