5-12 Process of Admission
The Pine School Office of Admission
Process of Admission
In order to apply to The Pine School for grades 5-12, applicants must submit the following:
Family Interview & Tour of School
- Application form on line (including a $75.00 non-refundable application fee)
- Present School Report Cards
- Copies of Standardized Testing
- Recommendation Forms (English and Math)
- Student Questionnaire (part of the on line form)
- A graded writing sample from an English, history, social studies, or science course from the current school year or the most recent school year. The sample must have the teacher's comments and grade. The sample can be a research paper, literary analysis, or some other prose work of non-fiction
- Copies of Professional Testing (if applicable)
- Optional Shadow Visit
- Copy of Birth certificate
- On-campus screening of the SSAT may be requested by the admission committee if there is not sufficient evidence of academic standing.
When the file is complete an admission committee meeting is held to review applicant files. Recommendations are made and decision letters are emailed following this process.